The green wave for cyclists: Sitraffic SiBike
With Sitraffic SiBike you give a green light to a modern and clean city: Via a smartphone app cyclists are prioritized at traffic lights. The app shows users where they will be given green lights on their planned route. They also receive information on bike-sharing and bike parking options. SiBike can be installed on all smartphone operating systems. This is what the solution is all about:
- A cyclist approaches an intersection. There he passes the trigger line.
- The app on his smartphone automatically sends the cyclist's location and direction via GPS to the traffic management center.
- The traffic management center evaluates the data and activates the traffic light control to switch to green.
- The cyclist can pass the intersection safely without having to stop.
Green wave for cyclists in Reutlingen
- With Reutlingen, another city in Germany has been successfully connected to SiBike. The city is initially testing the green wave for cyclists in Alteburgstraße with a total of 8 intersections, so it can be expanded to include other routes in the future.
- Thanks to SiBike, cyclists can now travel through the test area faster and with fewer stops, giving them the pleasure of no longer having to stop at every traffic light.
- The SiBike app has been extended to include the additional traffic lights in Reutlingen, so that it can now be used there as well, in addition to Marburg.
Start now with intelligent Bike solutions for your city
This is how you take advantage of the trend towards cycling: Intelligent cycling solutions help you make cycling in your city even more attractive, comfortable and safe. Our experts are happy to support you.