- Purpose in Action
- Traffic Management
- Smart Intersection
- Customer Services
Our powerful road pricing technology for intelligent demand management: the basis for future mobility.
With intelligent demand management on interurban and urban roads, both operators and road users benefit from reduced congestion and improved air quality.
Dynamic road pricing
Intelligent guidance of traffic flow.
Dynamic tolling schemes are becoming an important tool for city and traffic managers to influence traffic flows in and out of cities to reduce emissions.
Dynamic approaches complement classic tolling solutions
In addition to traditional static truck and car tolling systems, flexible approaches to charging schemes and end-user devices are gaining in popularity. Charging different amounts depending on the time of day, air quality or traffic situation can create incentives for more environmentally friendly and capacity-oriented transport behaviour. The use of smartphones, video and Onboard Units (OBUs) offer convenient charging methods for the end user.
National tolling schemes
Intelligent tolling allows efficient control of road usage according to travel demand. Tolling solutions for national road networks are typically based on a GNSS system that can accurately record the actual distance travelled.
- Flexible Onboard Units (OBUs) use several satellite positioning systems (Galileo, GPS, Glonass, Beidou) for precise charging.
- The tolling area can be easily extended.
- Intelligent device management system including over-the-air device updates.
- Alternatively or in addition, smartphone apps can be used to collect tolls.
A city tolling system charges motorised vehicles for entering the city or for distance travelled within the city. This creates incentives to decongest the road network and shift mobility to more sustainable modes of transport.
- Individual tariffs based on vehicle class, size and emissions.
- Toll collection with intelligent app and video-based technologies in full compliance with data protection requirements.
- Dynamic charging for effective traffic management in critical situations (e.g. expected exceedance of pollution limits) or peak demand.
With our enforcement solutions, cities and transport operators can increase traffic safety and enforce tolling regulations. At the same time, traffic jams and emissions are reduced – for a more livable city.
High-Occupancy Tolling (HOT)
Carpooling can relieve road traffic enormously by combining the journeys of several people. In reality, however, most vehicles are only occupied by one person. A charging scheme that takes account of vehicle occupancy creates incentives to share vehicles: the higher the occupancy, the lower the charge. HOT allows drivers to use a preferred, faster lane (Fast Lane) where the charge is based on vehicle occupancy. Alternatively, they can stay in the HOT lane at no extra cost.
- An ANPR camera reads the vehicle’s number plate and matches it to the appropriate occupancy level.
- An intelligent algorithm dynamically calculates the HOT lane toll based on vehicle occupancy, traffic density and minimum speed.
Our tolling solutions
For efficient demand management.
Our tolling solutions are tailored to your needs. We take particular care to ensure compliance with the privacy and security requirements of local legislation.
Our GNSS-based tolling solutions reliably identify chargeable journeys, accurately calculate toll charges based on actual distance travelled, and deliver this information to back-office systems for further processing.
- Support for a wide range of charging technologies combined with easy and efficient in-car installation.
- Cost-effective distance-based tolling without roadside infrastructure, particularly efficient for complex or changing toll road networks.
- Accurate and reliable charging even in challenging environments such as cities.
Video-based (ANPR) charging and enforcement
Our video-based tolling systems recognise and process number plates worldwide, fully automatically and even in difficult environmental conditions, enabling reliable toll collection and enforcement.
- The high detection rate allows not only enforcement but also automated charging, eliminating the need for lengthy activation processes for drivers – the ideal solution for congestion charging.
- Spatial matching and video tracking for reliable fusion of data from multiple sensors or sensor technologies.
Smartphone-based toll charging
Use road users’ smartphones for flexible tolling: To enter toll zones, for journeys within the zones, based on distance or using specific parts of the infrastructure such as bridges.
- Enables flexible city tolling / congestion charging to dynamically manage traffic demand.
- Flexible pricing schemes to support green mobility (e.g. electric vehicles).
- Dynamically controlled toll rates allow flexible management of peak periods or critical air quality situations.
- Comfortable and easy for the driver to use; no roadside infrastructure or in-car installation required.
Onboard Units for flexible operation
Oboard Units (OBUs) are an integral part of satellite-based toll systems. The EETS certificate enables international use within the European Electronic Tolling Service. In addition, the OBU supports Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS).
- Easy to install (plug and play) and use by users.
- Notification of emergency vehicles in dangerous situations.
- High performance GNSS receiver with optional dead reckoning.
- Robust and durable case.
Clients who are already benefiting.
We are the ideal partner to efficiently manage growing traffic volumes.
Transport for London | London, UK
Our Tolling Solutions in London
- Equipping Transport for London’s Low Emission Zone (LEZ) and congestion charging infrastructure with Yunex Traffic components and technologies.
- Operation of the entire infrastructure, including maintenance and service.
- In 2020, the London Safety Camera Road Partnership (LSCRP) expanded the project by a further 1,250 cameras.
High-Occupancy-Tolling (HOT) | Israel
Optimising traffic flow on Israeli motorway
- The 13km HOT lane on Highway 1 between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv has been in operation since 2011 – the aim is to minimise the travel time of vehicles carrying more than one passenger in a separate lane, depending on traffic density.
- A dynamic algorithm calculates the toll based on a pre-defined minimum speed.
- Toll revenues are reinvested in transport infrastructure.
State Government Slovakia | Slovakia
Satellite-based tolling in Slovakia
- For the toll road network in Slovakia, OBUs and an expert system for a satellite-based truck tolling system were supplied.
- Since its launch in 2010, the system has been continuously expanded to include additional route sections and road classes, and is regularly updated.
- The OBU software has been adapted to the expanded toll network through over-the-air updates, and since 2017 has covered a toll network of a total of 23,000 route sections on motorways and category 1, 2 and 3 roads.
Manage traffic volume and relieve your road network.
Benefit from more than two decades of experience in the successful implementation and smooth operation of tolling systems. We offer complete tolling solutions, from design and installation to service and operation of road and IT systems.
Intelligent traffic management
Discover further areas of our portfolio.
Discover our efficient solutions for the growing demands of tomorrow’s mobility. We can help you optimise traffic flow, reduce congestion, improve safety and provide a tailor-made service for your transport infrastructure.
Traffic Management Centres
Customised modular system solutions: We combine traffic management, traffic control and parking guidance.
Tunnel and Freeway Management
Increase capacity and safety with our flexible traffic management system!