- Purpose in Action
- Traffic Management
- Smart Intersection
- Customer Services
- Yunex Built
The intelligent digitization of roads
Connect vehicles to the infrastructure and manage traffic more precisely and efficiently than ever before – significantly reducing traffic jams, accidents and emissions.
V2X communication for secure and efficient public transport
Download our V2X whitepaper now. For free.
Fill out the form below and receive our whitepaper by email:
Discover our Roadside Unit 2X
High performance edge-computing for best V2X experience
The Yunex Traffic RSU2X is the central interface for wireless communication between roadside infrastructure and Onboard Units (OBUs). The bidirectional communication via the RSU enables both the transmission of information (e.g. speed limits) and the reception of Onboard messages in real time. The RSU2X provides key data for a more precise picture of the current traffic situation, enabling more efficient traffic control, a significant reduction in accident numbers and an even greater cut in emissions than possible up to now.
Connected traffic systems
Future traffic is connected
Digitalization of roads is an essential component of future mobility: Intelligent communication technologies connect vehicles of all kinds with the infrastructure. They help cities and municipalities to improve the quality of life and form the basis for sustainable growth.
And this is how roads become part of the “Internet of things”
Vehicle2X makes it possible: The Cooperative Management System (CMS) links vehicles with the infrastructure and traffic management centers. The principle is simple: A Roadside Unit (RSU) communicates with both the traffic management center and the vehicles. This is how Vehicle2X works:
- The RSU sends time-critical information (e.g. the current signal status) directly to the vehicles
- Static and non-time-critical information (e.g. sign information) can be communicated to the vehicles either by the RSU or the CMS
- Vehicles continuously report their current position, speed and direction of travel via their Vehicle2X Onboard Units.
- The RSU collects this information
- The CMS uses this information to manage traffic more efficiently and in real time
Connect roads, infrastructure and vehicles in real-time
Vehicle2X by Yunex Traffic connects infrastructure systems and vehicles. It can be integrated into existing traffic management centers such as Yutraffic Scala and Concert as well as used as a stand-alone solution. So you can pave the way for the digitalization of the road.
With Vehicle2x, connected traffic systems become reality.
Vehicle2X technology helps cities and municipalities to connect the road to the “Internet of Things”. This enables cities and municipalities to implement innovative solutions for traffic management – and prepare for autonomous driving today. Vehicle2X links vehicles and infrastructure with safe technology and thus helps:
- Increase traffic safety and reduce the accident rate
- Optimize traffic flow and reduce traffic jams and congestion
- Reduce the travel time
- Reduce vehicle emissions
Launch an innovative solution on the road with Vehicle2X.
Vehicle2X offers cities and municipalities a multi-functional and future-proof solution with high investment protection. Vehixle2X integrates all internationally required V2X communication standards and is also fully compatible with all Vehicle2X solutions in hardware and software. Thanks to open interfaces, Vexicle2X can communicate with numerous controllers via standard connections and can also be extended later with additional communication modules, e.g. for web-based controllers. Of course Vehicle2X offers you a high level of IT security thanks to the Yunex Traffic Cyber-Security process and a defined security concept for maintenance and service.
Vehicle2X – the components
Cooperative Management System (CMS)
CMS is the heart of control. It links and monitors the Roadside Units (RSU) in a central system and sends messages via the RSUs to the road users. CMS allows flexible monitoring of RSUs and traffic at any time and any place:
- Easy to use thanks to geographical views and displays of traffic messages and dat
- Radio communication (over-the-air) or cable networks for communication with the RSU
- Based on current technologies like Datex II Interface, Service/Debug Tools and Map2x
Roadside Unit (RSU2X)
The RSU2X is the central interface for wireless communication between roadside infrastructure and the Onboard Unit (OBU). The bidirectional communication via the RSU2X enables both the transmission of information (e.g. speed limits) and the reception of Onboard messages in real time. A powerful dual-core CPU offers numerous interfaces with high safety standards and ensures a fast connection to back-end systems.
- Communication via WiFi 802.11p and LTE-V2x
- Uses the 5.9 GHz radio band reserved for traffic applications
- Easy installation due to robust weatherproof housing, stand-alone or integrated with a traffic control unit
Onboard Unit (OBU)
The OBU integrates vehicles into cooperative ITS systems (CITS) and the deployment of infrastructure-driven C-ITS services and applications. Via the OBU, Vehicle2X can send hazard alerts to service vehicles or prioritize public transport and emergency vehicles. It enables road users to adapt their driving behavior at an early stage, thus increasing safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Powerful transceiver for smooth communication with the RSUs
- Very high accuracy of position and speed determination
- Easy installation (plug and play) and operation for the driver
- Retrofittable and mountable in almost any vehicle
With the Map2x tool, you can provide drivers conveniently with messages about intersections, for example, to suggest the optimal speed for a green wave.
- Generate messages with information about the topology of lanes and signal groups of an intersection.
- Send the MAP and SpaT message to vehicles via the Roadside Unit
- OpenStreetMap and Google Maps integration
- Import of traffic data from Yutraffic Office via the optional “Tools Map Export”
Vehicle2X in operation
The digitalization of roads starts now
Cooperative systems are already a reality. In these (research) projects, Vehicle2X is already helping to prevent accidents, keep traffic moving and improve fuel efficiency.
Project Partner | USA, New York – Germany
New York City Department of Transportation
- Improve the safety of travelers and pedestrians in the city through the deployment of Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) technologies
- Included in this project are three distinct areas in the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Yunex Traffic is supplying 550 Roadside Units (RSU) and systems integration services
Project Partner | USA – Germany
Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority
- Intelligent traffic signal systems to coordinate signals and pedestrian crossings that respond immediately to traffic conditions in real-time and provide signal priority
- Intersection Movement Assistance that warns drivers when it is unsafe to enter an intersection, for example when something may be blocking the driver’s view of opposing of crossing traffic, and forward collision warnings for hard braking in the traffic stream
- Probe-enabled traffic monitoring to transmit real-time traffic data between vehicles – improve safety, enhance mobility, and reduce the environmental impact of surface transportation in downtown Tampa
Industry Partner | Netherlands – Germany – Austria
Corridor Rotterdam – Frankfurt a. M. – Vienna
- Improved construction site management, relieved traffic
- Traffic signs and traffic light information are transmitted to the vehicle
- Optimized traffic flow
Project Partner | Vienna
Testfield Telematik in Vienna
- Drivers dynamically adapt driving behavior to environmental conditions
- Traffic flow is significantly harmonized
- Optimized traffic flow
Bring digitalized roads to your city
The traffic of the future is connected – and this future starts now. How to make the best use of Vehicle2X? We will develop your individual Vehicle2X solution together with you.
Our experts are happy to assist you.